Progress Pic

Progress Pic
I hope to do another one of these with more recent pics soon!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trouble For Me!

Where in the world have I been? I don't even like writing this, I feel so guilty. I have not written for a while and I am feeling it. I have so many things to talk about, so please forgive me, this will be long and random...

I went on a couple road trips and saw a few concerts recently so it's been a busy end of the summer. I am also co-planning RA Training (anyone in higher ed knows this sucks) and getting ready to open a new building. Thankfully, my homie Yetty set me up before she left for NYU. Now, as for my food intake. It has honestly been hit or miss. I have not eaten too much processed food, but eating out sometimes does not allow..well actually, I am not strong enough to resist the processed foods when I am not cooking. I haven't eaten McDonalds, but I am sure Wendy's and Sbarros have a helluva process they put their food through as well. So yes, I have failed in my quest to eat only natural foods.

I have also not tracked a thing for the last week. I just haven't had the energy. I am getting back on track though, and soon. I feel so unnatural not doing it. I feel guilty. Ugh. Oh and I am sick right now. It's a head cold, ya know, stuffy nose, itchy throat, cough. Still, not an excuse not to track. I also felt bad this past week because I haven't seen the inside of a gym for a while. I'm in a rut and I gotta get out of it soon. Grr, I need to do better! I want to make new goals and evaluate (read: see how badly I failed at the first set) my old goals. I also want to try a few new challenges regarding exercise, but time is not on my side!

Oh yeah, on a side note. I absolutely cannot ingest McDonald's food anymore. If that were a goal (not eating McDonalds) I would have met it to the Nth degree. So, you can imagine my disgust when I watched someone order a 20-piece chicken mcnugget box for a 6 year old. I am naturally a judging person (ENTJ). To a fault, I freely admit it. I try to work on it, but sometimes the worst of it comes out of me! And when a grown man ordered that for his child..it DEFINITELY reared it's ugly head. The sad part was that she proudly proclaimed she ate almost all of them. I am especially upset because I think that my dad would've done the same thing for me. Any food item I wanted at 6 six years of age I was allowed to have. He did it out of love I think..and a lot of ignorance. I know I am no supermodel and I am not perfect by any means and my eating habits have a long way to go before they are even close to good, but that's why I am changing them. Hopefully, I can show my child love without the use of food or two magical golden arches that have marketed salt and fat as acceptable fare for children. "I'm [NOT] lovin' it."

And that ends my rant. I have so much work coming in the next few days, I don't know when I am going to get back to my blog, but I AM going to get back to it. I hope there's no more trouble for me on food front.. Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment