Progress Pic

Progress Pic
I hope to do another one of these with more recent pics soon!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Let's Get It Started!

Well hello world :)




I have so much to say and so little time! Today was a busy day as Monday's usually are, but I didn't let that stop me from starting my weight loss journey(for the last time). As you may know from recent posts, I have been teetering back and forth between calorie-counting or Weight Watchers PointsPlus plan. Well, the DECISION (taking ques from LBJ) is made!.......

CALORIE-COUNTING wins! I thought long and hard about this and though I wanted to do WW again, I thought that is exactly why I shouldn't do it. I got too comfortable. I knew how I could eat just little bites without tracking, I knew I could just "eat right" for a couple days before the weigh-in and be fine. I wasn't making healthy decisions because it was good for me, but because it was good for the weigh-in and I am so done with that. Now, that's not to say I won't be doing something like a weigh-in on my calorie-counting plan, its just that this time I have the bigger picture in mind. I say all this with conviction, but I know living it will be a little different-harder I mean.

So now that I know WHAT I am doing, let's talk about HOW I am doing it. I took Nadine's advice (hey girl) and signed up for MyFitnessPal.com . So far so good. They give you badges and weight loss tickers and all kinds of fun things that I'll eventually link to this blog after a few weeks of playing with it. Not to mention they literally have a TON of foods listed in their database. I can also add my own recipes and pretty much calculate calories for anything. Now, with the nutrition portion handled (well, on track I should say) I am going to up the ante with the exercise.

I have a personal trainer now. Expensive. I know. But, I am saving money by not going to WW meetings or using their Website and also being sucked into buying any of their yummy treats that are always "on-sale" during a meeting. Yep, even THEY want you to eat a little processed food. I am also saving money in the long run from buying plus-sized clothes (heck YES they cost more!), paying for more gas (it costs to haul a heavier me around), and even cutting back on eating out so much. Overall, I think its going to be worth it.

Finally, I have been right on track with my exercise everyday. Now, has the past 7 days of exercise been particularly challenging? No, but I have managed to do it. Mostly walks around the track at the school and even walking a new grocery store my friend and I found for about 2 hours with a cart full of fresh and nutritious goodies. However, I know I need to do better. Any my trainer comes tomorrow. Great. I'll let you know how that goes! I have so much more to say, but I'll save it for another day because as much as I thought I wasn't writing, this sure is a long post :) See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I'm rooting for you! Lizz

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl :) Thanks for the support! Hope all is well with you. Let's chat soon!

    ReplyDelete