Progress Pic

Progress Pic
I hope to do another one of these with more recent pics soon!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Work It Out!

It hurts to type this post. Actually, typing is okay, lifting the laptop is the hard part. Needless to say, I've been doing some hard workouts this past week. I met with my new trainer on Wednesday. Thinking it was going to be a sit-down and let's talk about your plan meeting, I threw on some shorts so she could measure me easily. Little did I know, we did a full-blown workout for the first 45 minutes and did a little talking (well, huffing for me) at the end. I didn't realize how strength training and weights could affect a person. Situps, squats, crunches, planks, triceps dips, bicycle kicks and the list continues. Immediately after she left, I drank a quart of water and passed out on the couch. The next day I could not sit down without a scrunched up face and wobbly knees.

Now, I knew I was getting someone who was going to push me and make me do things I never wanted to or even thought I could, but let me tell you I am in P-A-I-N. We also worked out on Friday. Friday was the worst. I met my trainer at the gym not really knowing what to expect. Once we got in, it was straight to an elliptical. Ok cool, not so bad. Then we went to a weight bench or some contraption that looks like a weight bench, but you do situps on it. TONS of situps and crunches and more situps with weights and more crunches with weights. I wanted to DIE. Then we moved to some machine where you hold yourself up on your forearms, then lift your legs in front of you. And of course, more planks and side planks and treadmill inclines of 8 and above. I wanted to puke by the time we got on the elliptical for a "cool down." Of course I recognize that all exercises I described are not ground-breaking or innovative, but to a body that has never done them with any real effort before, it is more than tough.

With all that said, I have to be honest. I have not met my goal of 30 minutes of exercise per day. I physically could not move on Thursday and again yesterday. Today though, I am jumping back on the bandwagon. Obviously, a walk is in order. So even though I have not been on point with my goal of 30/30, I have successfully completed 6 consecutive days of food tracking (today will make 7)! I have more to say on the nutrition front, but I'm saving that for another post to come. Anyway, it's a lazy Sunday, so I am going to be just that, lazy. Enjoy your day people!

ps. TRUE BLOOD premieres tonight! WOHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment