Progress Pic

Progress Pic
I hope to do another one of these with more recent pics soon!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

So What?!...I'm Still a Rockstar..

I know, I know, I know. I have not written in almost two weeks! I am failing miserably at all three of the goals I set a few weeks ago. I wish I could say I have a great reason, or that I was meditating, or taking a break from social media, but I can't. I went away for the 4th of July and just dropped everything. I didn't track calories, I did not think twice about what I put in my mouth. I avoided the gym and am still ducking my trainer. With all that said though, I am down 3 pounds!

Although I lost a couple pounds, I still need to get back on track. I have logged back into my fitness journal and am tracking away again. I am pleased to say that I have not eaten too badly. I maintained my portion control (I am finally leaving the "clean-plate club") and I have limited my fried and fatty foods. This week of course is a little more taxing as I am nearing my monthly cycle, but I think with going back to tracking everything is really going to help.

Speaking of helping, I am undecided about this trainer business. Don't get me wrong. I love her and she really does push me. But the cost factor is an issue. And I know, I talked about investing long-term in my health and while that is still true for me, I just don't know that this particular investment at this time is the right thing to do. Not being too specific, I could easily spend $400 a month working with this woman. Considering the fact that I HATE working out and I am paying more than some people's car payment to do so, I should just quit her asap. However, I know that the pricing will go down as we do less sessions together. Decisions, decisions. What are your thoughts about this?

Finally, I just want to say that I have failed miserably the past two weeks, BUT, of course there is a but..lol I have not felt guilty, ashamed, bad, or even sad that I did. I decided to get back on the bandwagon and go again. I am proud to say I can forgive this mistake (yes a 2-week long mistake) and move on already. I also think that in my subconscious mind I needed a test to see if I could come back from a break like this. Hence, the title of today's post. Good to know I can do it!

Also, I have considered trying to step up my game with a new table feature on the side that tracks my exercise. I think having that will also keep me more accountable. I love my little ticker at the top, but I can't update it easily, so maybe the table will be better. However, I haven't been able to do that. I guess I need a little help with it among other things.

So, I am glad to be back and I'll definitely be updating more often! See ya again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment